Privacy & Cookie use policy
The booking section of this website uses an online booking platform created by Guesty that allows guests to perform online booking or reservations of rooms from The White House. The Guesty platform includes the websites, apps and related online services, together the “Service”.
The Service is intended for use by The White House and in accordance with their instructions and is provided to you by them as is.
The White House act as Data controllers and are responsible for the collection and use of any data that you submit or provide through the Service and such use is governed by the terms they have in place with Guesty who was authorized by them to act as Data processor of your personal information.
In addition to this privacy statement, The White House also has extra terms and conditions you should read prior to booking and staying. If you have any questions about your use of the Service, please contact The White House.
I. What kind of personal information is collected?
The following kind of personal information is collected from you:
- your contact information, such as full name, phone and email address;billing information;
- billing details
II. Use of collected information
The White House will share the information that it collects with Guesty, as provider of the platform, in order to allow Guesty to provide and support the Service:
- communicating with users and administrators regarding their use of the Service;
- enhancing the security and safety of the Service for, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of applicable terms or policies;
- developing new tools, products or services within the Service;
- associating activity on the Service across different devices operated by the same individual to improve the overall operation of the Service;
- to identify and fix bugs that may be present;
- conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the Service.
III. Disclosure of information
The White House may disclose the information collected in the following ways:
- to third-party service providers that assist in providing various services to you as a guest;
- to third-party apps, websites or other services that The White House connected to through the Service;
- to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues;
- in connection with a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency.
IV. Accessing, modifying, exporting or deleting your information
The White House may access, correct, export or delete information that you have submitted to the Service using the tools within the Service (for example, editing your personal information). If you are not able to do so using the tools provided in the Service, you should contact The White House directly for access, modification, export or deletion of your personal information.
V. Third-party links and content
The Service may contain links to content maintained by third parties that The White House does not control. You should review the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
VI. Children's privacy
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse.
When you first visit the website you are provided the option to accept use of marketing and tracking cookies for a three-month period.
If you wish to block cookies, you may do so through your browser’s settings or using the option in the service website for blocking marketing cookies. You can delete cookies that are already on your computer and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed going forward. Please refer to the browser’s help menu for further information. However, please bear in mind that disabling cookies may adversely affect your user experience on the Service. To learn more about how to reject cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.